Our articles are written by experts in their field and include barristers, solicitors, judges, mediators, academics and professionals from a range of related disciplines. Family Law provides a platform for debate for all the important topics, from divorce and care proceedings to transparency and access to justice. If you would like to contribute please email editor@familylaw.co.uk.
A day in the life Of...
Read on

Funding Freshers – who pays for an older child’s university tuition fees on divorce?

Date:28 AUG 2018
Third slide
This month thousands of people up and down the country found out whether they had done enough to get into their university of choice. After a long, hard slog involving many sacrificed weekends and evenings, Freshers’ Week will no doubt provide some much needed light relief before it’s time to do it all over again over the next three to four years.

English universities can charge a maximum of £9,250 per year for an undergraduate degree, and many people will worry about the extent to which they will be saddled with student debt well into adulthood. For parents going through a divorce, who are all of a sudden having to split the household finances into two, many may be asking whose responsibility it is to pay for an older child’s further education (sometimes referred to as tertiary education).

Read the full article here.

Rayden Solicitors