The Legal Aid Agency (LAA) is putting in place improvements to the Client and Cost Management System (CCMS) to help the growing number of providers using it for civil applications.
- Forward button: Available from 1 June 2015, this button allows you to move forward through the means and merits interviews to the last question answered without clicking ‘next’. The LAA will send all users a CCMS eUpdate explaining in full how it works.
- Bulk uploading bills: The LAA is working with software vendors involved in the pilot to release this functionality to more of their clients. The LAA is finalising a testing process to support other organisations who wish to develop a CCMS compatible product.
The LAA will be introducing further improvements over the summer. These include:
- means and merits interviews – reducing the number of screens to make it quicker to navigate through the interviews
- amendments process – allowing you to allocate costs to advocates and do means reassessments while other amendments are in progress
- changes to the PDF copy of the bill you can print before you submit your claim – the improvements will make your bill easier to review
- billing interviews – reducing the number of screens and making it easier to navigate
- mobile version of CCMS – the LAA also looking into allowing users to create part of the application away from the office
Use of CCMS is increasing with:
- more than 50% of new applications now being submitted on CCMS
- 1,066 organisations submitting nearly 40,000 new civil applications
- more than 2,000 bills being processed on a weekly basis
Further information on these improvements, including timescales, will be available on the ‘Enhancing CCMS
’ page of the CCMS website from 2 June 2015.
Giving you extra support
The CCMS website
contains information about:
- new Q&A sessions to give you the opportunity to ask general and case-specific questions
- recorded master classes – available from mid-June
- CCMS website improvements – live from 12 June 2015 to make it easier for you to navigate the site
To submit feedback on any aspect of the CCMS, please email: CCMS.email@example.com