The Advocate's Gateway Second International Conference
will take place on 2 and 3 June 2017 and is entitled: ‘Access to Justice for Vulnerable People'.
Access to justice and the removal of barriers to ensure effective participation of vulnerable people in the justice system is increasingly recognised as a major global concern. Research over the past decade has demonstrated that trials involving vulnerable witnesses and suspects need to be approached in an appropriate and effective way by all parties, the courts, and the judiciary. This second international conference led by the Advocate's Gateway
and funded by the Inns of Court College of Advocacy
(ICCA) will explore the access to justice combining and expanding interdisciplinary research and practitioner knowledge to encourage innovation and best practice.
Presentations and workshop sessions will include:
- Young defendants, suspects and witnesses
- Developments in Criminal Justice Proceedings
- International innovations
- Legal rights and responsibilities
The aim is to support an international network to share knowledge and practice and the proper presentation of such cases globally. This conference will facilitate the exchange of perspectives, ideas and strategies between jurisdictions and disciplines.
- The Rt Hon Lady Dorrian QC, Lord Justice Clerk, Scotland;
- Professor Penny Cooper, Chair of the Advocate's Gateway, Barrister and Academic Associate 39 Essex Chambers;
- Dr Jessica Jacobson, Director of ICPR, Birbeck, University of London;
- Professor Ray Bull, Emeritus Professor of Forensic Psychology at the University of Leicester. Visiting Professor at the University of Portsmouth and Professor of Criminal Investigation at the University of Derby;
- The Rt Hon Lord Justice Gillen, Northern Ireland.
For further details and to book your place, please visit:www.theadvocatesgateway.org/conferences/2017-conference
Subsidised tickets are available for full-time students, trainees, pupils and new practitioners up to 7 years' call.
For enquiries about the conference contact: firstname.lastname@example.org