The Department for Education
has published a guide to the Children and Families Act 2014
, aimed at young people.
The guide provides a summary of the main changes and provisions of the Act and how they may affect children and families. It is intended to be used by young people so every effort has been made to use clear uncomplicated language.
The free guide explains:
Click here to download 'The young person’s guide to the Children and Families Act 2014'.
- what the Act does;
- what the Act about adoption;
- what the Act about family courts;
- how the Act helps children and young people with special educational needs or a disability;
- what the Act says about helping parents by caring for children outside school;
- other new laws to make things better for children;
- how the Act changes the Children’s Commissioner;
- how the Act helps parents when they have a new child; and
- how the Act helps people fit their work times around other things in their lives.