Our articles are written by experts in their field and include barristers, solicitors, judges, mediators, academics and professionals from a range of related disciplines. Family Law provides a platform for debate for all the important topics, from divorce
and care proceedings to transparency and access to justice. If you would like to contribute please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech by the President of the Family Division: Supporting Families in Conflict: There is a better way
© Copyright LexisNexis 2024. All rights reserved.
On 8 October 2021, the President of the Family Division, Sir Andrew McFarlane, gave a speech to the Jersey International Family Law Conference, setting out his priorities for family justice for the next three years.
The President discussed the following issues:
• the digital reform programme
• the implementation of the Public Law Working Group recommendations
• transparency in the family courts
• the resolution of private law disputes between parents with respect to the care arrangements made for their children post-separation
• the approach to domestic abuse in the family courts