The Law Society has updated its guidance of 25 August 2015 on how solicitors should handle conflicts of interest.
The guidance is aimed at all solicitors and provides provides an overview of conflict of interests in the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Handbook
The Practice note covers:
- What is own interest conflict and client conflict?
- How do I assess if there is a conflict of interests?
- Exceptions when you may act when there is a client conflict
- Acting for a buyer and seller
- Acting for clients who are the lender and borrower
- Relations with third parties in a conveyancing transaction
To read the revised guidance, click here