The International Bar Association (IBA) is holding a major conference 'International family law practice in a European context', to be held in London on 24 May 2006. The conference will focus on topics including:
- money and the issue of forum-shopping in both capital and maintenance claims;
- enforcement, with particular emphasis on the maintenance enforcement provisions;
- international children's issues, with particular emphasis on the inter-European enforcement of contact issues under the Brussels II regulation; and
- a comparative look at the interviewing of children.
- Lord Justice Thorpe - Deputy Head of Family Justice and Head of International Family Law;
- Professor William Duncan - The Hague Secretariat on Private International Law; and
- Dr Milos Hatapka - European Commission, Directorate General Justice Freedom and security.
There will also be practitioner speakers from the UK, France, Germany, Greece, Spain, Italy, Austria, Sweden and Norway under the chairmanship of Anne-Marie Hutchinson OBE. For further information contact Kerri Deegan, tel: 020 7691 6868, fax: 020 7691 6545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.