The Department for Education (DfE) is seeking views on two new draft statements of knowledge and skills for practice supervisors and practice leaders for child and family social work.
The statements will be used together with the previously published
knowledge and skills for Approved Child and Family Practitioners
to develop a national assessment and accreditation system for child and family social workers.
The system will apply to three levels of practice:
- Approved Child and Family Practitioner (ACFP);
- Practice Supervisor (PS); and
- Practice Leader (PL).
The DfE would like to hear the views of:
- Social workers
- Local authorities and representative bodies
- Higher education and further education institutions and their representative bodies
- Voluntary and Community Sector organisations
- Parents and carers
- Family members
- Children and young people
- Other employers of child and family social workers (private, voluntary and independent)
to view the consultation document.
How to take part
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
The deadline for responses is
1 September 2015
The results of the consultation and the Department's response will be available in autumn 2015.