The Department for Education (DfE) has published proposed revisions to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001, including the introduction of new quality standards.
The DfE is seeking views on revisions to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001, comprising:
- new quality standards regulations;
- administrative and management regulations; and
- a guide to the regulations that would replace the current national minimum standards for children’s homes.
This consultation applies to:
Click here to read the consultation document. Click here to read the draft Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015. Click here to read the guide to the children’s homes regulations including the quality standards.
- providers, managers and staff of children’s residential care services;
- local authorities;
- social workers;
- voluntary sector children’s organisations;
- children in care;
- care leavers; and
- representative bodies.
The consultation closes on 14 November 2014. You can respond to the consultation online
, by emailing email@example.com
or by writing to:
Children’s Services and Departmental Strategy Directorate, Ministerial and Public Communications Division,
Department for Education,
The DfE has also published proposed revisions to the way that children's homes quality standards standards are applied, including amendments to inspection and enforcement. Click here to read the impact assessment.