The Department for Education (DfE) has issued guidance on handling child protection cases and care orders where the child has links to a foreign country.
The advice is for:
- local authorities;
- social workers;
- service managers; and
- children’s services lawyers.
Click here to read 'Working with foreign authorities: child protection and court orders'.
- a set of principles for social workers working on child protection cases and care orders, where the child has links to a foreign country;
- a summary of the main international legislation;
- guidance on agencies and organisations from which social workers can seek advice, or to which they can provide information, when working on these cases; and
- links to other relevant guidance.