The theme of Staffordshire University Law Schools 12th annual seminar on Saturday, 2 February 2008 is European Family Law. Speakers include:
- Professor Nigel Lowe (University of Cardiff) - Does the Council of Europe's Family Law Programme matter?;
- Charlotte Bradley and Duncan Ranton (Kingsley Napley, Solicitors) - International Practice Issues;
- Dr Jens Scherpe (Gonville and Caius, University of Cambridge) - The Nordic Countries in the Vanguard of European Family Law;
- Ruth Lamont (University of Liverpool) The EU and Family Law;
- Dr Ian Curry-Sumner (University of Utrecht) - The recognition of same-sex relationships in the EU;
- Sir Nicholas Wilson.
The cost is £90 for the day. Contact Penny Booth, Reader in Law at Staffordshire University Law School, tel: 01782 294550 or 01782 294778 (direct line) or by email: email@example.com.