A new Family Procedure Rules Practice Direction has been published today [25 January 2017] and sees the launch of the first small online divorce pilot.
FPR Practice Direction 36D, entitled 'Pilot Scheme: Procedure for Using an Online System to Generate Applications in Certain Proceedings for a Matrimonial Order', applies to applications where the following conditions are met:
- the application is for a matrimonial order that is a decree of divorce made under Matrimonial Causes Act 1973;
- access to the online system for making such applications is permitted;
- all stages of the process provided for in the online system can be fully completed;
- the application is started in the Family Court; and
- the application is filed in the period 25 January 2017 to 28 July 2017.
Tony Roe of Tony Roe Solicitors
'At this stage, we understand that this will enable certain live testing which will not be an accurate reflection of the vision for what will be made available to the general public. The location and timing of the pilot is still to be confirmed.'Click here
to view the new Practice Direction.