HM Passport Office has issued a guidance note for parents to explain what happens at the General Register Office once an adoption order is received from the court.
The note advises on timescales for processing the adoption order, creating the entry in the Adopted Children Register and explains how to order new certificates.
The advice answers common questions, such as:
Click here to view the full guidance.
- What should I do when I receive the Adoption Order?
- How long will it take before I receive the new birth certificate?
- What will I receive from the General Register Office?
- What do the new birth certificates look like?
- What should I do if I want any further copies of the full or short certificate in the future?