The Department for Education (DfE) has issued advice for children’s homes providers and their partners following amendments to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001.
The departmental advice is for:
- children’s homes providers and managers;
- potential providers of new children’s homes;
- local children’s services, police services and others who may be contacted in relation to a children’s home location assessment; and
- social care students and training providers.
This advice follows amendments to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001, which came into effect in January and April 2014. It includes information on:
- location assessment;
- independent monitoring visits under regulation 33; and
- relevant qualifications for care staff working in children’s homes.
The advice is available below:
Children’s homes regulations amendments 2014
Children Act 1989 guidance and regulations: children’s homes
Children's homes: national minimum standards